By Chris Eidhof, Florian Kugler, Wouter Swierstra
This publication will train you ways to take advantage of speedy to use practical programming strategies for your iOS or OS X initiatives. those ideas supplement object-oriented programming that the majority Objective-C builders will already be acquainted with, giving you a important new device on your developer's toolbox. we'll begin by way of Swift's new language positive factors, corresponding to higher-order services, generics, optionals, enumerations, and trend matching. gaining knowledge of those new good points will assist you to write sensible code successfully. After that, we are going to offer numerous examples of ways to take advantage of sensible programming styles to resolve real-world difficulties. those examples contain a compositional and type-safe API round center snapshot, a library for diagrams outfitted on center pix, and a small spreadsheet program outfitted from scratch.
By David Powers
Beginning CSS3 teaches you ways to type websites utilizing Cascading type Sheets (CSS)―the language of website design. ranging from first rules, you’ll research via a chain of sensible workouts find out how to swap the default glance of HTML tags, including colour, backgrounds, and borders. The e-book demystifies middle suggestions, reminiscent of the CSS field version and selectors, supplying you with the arrogance and information to create leading edge and versatile web page layouts. You’ll additionally easy methods to create rounded corners, drop shadows, and gradients with no the necessity for photos, utilizing the most recent CSS3 concepts.
By Alasdair Allan
Get the hands-on adventure you want to application for the iPhone and iPod contact. With this easy-to-follow consultant, you will construct a number of pattern purposes by way of studying find out how to use Xcode instruments, the Objective-C programming language, and the center frameworks. earlier than you recognize it, you are going to not just have the talents to advance your personal apps, you are going to understand how to sail throughout the means of filing apps to the iTunes App Store.
Whether you are a developer new to Mac programming or an skilled Mac developer able to take on the iPhone and iPod contact, Learning iPhone Programming provides you with a head commence on development market-ready iPhone apps.
- Start utilizing Xcode right now, and tips on how to paintings with Interface Builder
- Take benefit of model-view-controller (MVC) structure with Objective-C
- Build a data-entry interface, and how one can parse and shop the knowledge you receive
- Solve common difficulties whereas development quite a few tough pattern apps
- Understand the calls for and information of App shop and advert hoc distribution
- Use iPhone's accelerometer, proximity sensor, GPS, electronic compass, and camera
- Integrate your app with iPhone's choice pane, media playback, and more
Logic Programming is the identify given to a particular type of programming, very assorted from that of traditional programming languages comparable to C++ and Java. by means of a ways the main conventional good judgment Programming language is Prolog. Prolog is an efficient selection for constructing advanced functions, specially within the box of synthetic Intelligence.
Logic Programming with Prolog doesn't suppose that the reader is an skilled programmer or has a history in arithmetic, good judgment or synthetic Intelligence. It begins from scratch and goals to reach on the aspect the place particularly strong courses will be written within the language. it's meant either as a textbook for an introductory direction and as a self-study e-book. On crowning glory readers will understand adequate to take advantage of Prolog of their personal study or functional projects.
Each bankruptcy has self-assessment workouts in order that readers may possibly cost their very own development. A word list of the technical phrases used completes the book.
This moment variation has been revised to be totally appropriate with SWI-Prolog, a well-liked multi-platform public area implementation of the language. extra chapters were extra masking using Prolog to examine English sentences and to demonstrate how Prolog can be utilized to enforce purposes of an 'Artificial Intelligence' kind.
Max Bramer is Emeritus Professor of data expertise on the collage of Portsmouth, England. He has taught Prolog to undergraduate computing device technology scholars and used Prolog in his personal paintings for lots of years.
By Tony Mullen
Learn to create augmented truth apps utilizing Processing open-source programming language
Augmented truth (AR) is used in all places, and you can now not even comprehend it. Smartphones overlay facts onto dwell digicam perspectives to teach houses on the market, eating places, or historic websites. American soccer publicizes use AR to teach the invisible first-down line at the box to television audience. Nike and Budweiser, between others, have used AR in advertisements. Now, you could discover ways to create AR prototypes utilizing 3D information, Processing open-source programming language, and different languages. This specified booklet is an easy-to-follow consultant on the way to do it.
- Guides you thru the rising expertise of Augmented fact (AR)
- Shows you ways to exploit 3D info with the Processing programming setting and different languages to create AR prototypes for the internet, smartphones, Macs, and PCs
- Helps 3D artists and architects who are looking to flow into the AR marketplace yet do not need programming skills
- Covers the necessities of 3D programming, developing gadgets for an AR library, construction and exporting 3D versions, and masses more
- Explains the right way to interactively hyperlink 3D to actual, digital, and streaming environments
Author Tony Mullen is either an artist and a programmer and ideally suited to give an explanation for find out how to bridge those worlds, as he so deftly does in Prototyping with Augmented Reality.
By Tom Phoenix, brian d foy
Perl is a flexible, strong programming language utilized in a number of disciplines, starting from process management to net programming to database manipulation. One slogan of Perl is that it makes effortless issues effortless and tough issues attainable. Intermediate Perl is ready making the jump from the straightforward issues to the demanding ones.
Originally published in 2003 as Learning Perl items, References, and Modules and revised and up-to-date for Perl 5.8, this booklet deals a gradual yet thorough advent to intermediate programming in Perl. Written by way of the authors of the best-selling Learning Perl, it choices up the place that booklet left off. issues include:
- Packages and namespaces
- References and scoping
- Manipulating advanced info structures
- Object-oriented programming
- Writing and utilizing modules
- Testing Perl code
- Contributing to CPAN
Following the profitable structure of Learning Perl, we designed every one bankruptcy within the publication to be sufficiently small to be learn in exactly an hour or , finishing with a chain of routines that will help you perform what you might have discovered. to exploit the publication, you simply must be conversant in the fabric in Learning Perl and feature ambition to move further.
Perl is a special language to assorted humans. it's a quickly scripting software for a few, and a fully-featured object-oriented language for others. it's used for every little thing from appearing speedy international replacements on textual content documents, to crunching large, complicated units of clinical info that take weeks to technique. Perl is what you are making of it. yet despite what you employ Perl for, this publication is helping you do it extra successfully, successfully, and elegantly.
Intermediate Perl is set studying to exploit Perl as a programming language, and never only a scripting language. this is often the publication that turns the Perl dabbler into the Perl programmer.
By Maurice Herlihy, Nir Shavit
Revised and up to date with advancements conceived in parallel programming classes, The artwork of Multiprocessor Programming is an authoritative consultant to multicore programming. It introduces a better point set of software program improvement talents than that wanted for effective single-core programming. This ebook offers accomplished assurance of the recent rules, algorithms, and instruments precious for powerful multiprocessor programming. scholars and pros alike will take advantage of thorough assurance of key multiprocessor programming concerns.
- This revised variation accommodates much-demanded updates in the course of the publication, in response to suggestions and corrections suggested from study rooms given that 2008
- Learn the basics of programming a number of threads having access to shared reminiscence
- Explore mainstream concurrent facts buildings and the foremost parts in their layout, in addition to synchronization suggestions from uncomplicated locks to transactional reminiscence platforms
- Visit the significant other website and obtain resource code, instance Java courses, and fabrics to aid and improve the educational experience
By Andrew Stellman, Jennifer Greene
Head First C# is a whole studying event for studying tips to application with C#, XAML, the .NET Framework, and visible Studio. enjoyable and hugely visible, this advent to C# is designed to maintain you engaged and entertained from first web page to last.
You’ll construct a completely practical online game within the beginning bankruptcy, after which easy methods to use periods and object-oriented programming, draw photos and animation, and question info with LINQ and serialize it to documents. And you'll do all of it by way of growing video games, fixing puzzles, and doing hands-on tasks. by the point you're performed, you'll be a great C# programmer—and you'll have a good time alongside the way!
• Create a enjoyable arcade video game within the first bankruptcy, and construct video games and different tasks through the booklet
• find out how to use XAML to layout appealing and interactive pages and home windows
• construct smooth home windows shop apps utilizing the newest Microsoft expertise
• research WPF (Windows Presentation origin) utilizing the downloadable WPF Learner's consultant
• utilizing the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) trend to create strong structure
• construct an advantage home windows telephone venture and run it within the visible Studio home windows cell emulator
Projects within the booklet paintings with all variations of visible Studio, together with the unfastened convey editions.
By Andrew Phillips
Scala Puzzlers is a suite of enigmatic Scala code examples that behave hugely opposite to expectancies and may entertain and enlighten even the main complete Scala developer. problem your Scala instinct, then deal with your self to a revealing rationalization of the explanations underlying the code's real habit that may supply vital and infrequently primary insights into Scala. prepare for a enjoyable trip that might take you additional down the line to Scala mastery!
By Onur Cinar
Eclipse is the main followed built-in improvement setting (IDE) for Java programmers. And, now, Eclipse seems the popular IDE for Android apps builders.
Android Apps with Eclipse offers a close assessment of Eclipse, together with steps and the screenshots to assist Android builders to fast wake up to hurry on Eclipse and to streamline their daily software program improvement. This publication comprises the following:
- Overview of Eclipse basics for either Java and C/C++ improvement.
- Using Eclipse Android improvement Toolkit (ADT) to improve, debug, and troubleshoot Android functions.
- Using Eclipse C/C++ improvement Toolkit (CDT) along with Android local improvement package (NDK) to combine, increase and troubleshoot local Android elements via Eclipse.