By Bruce Sutherland
C++ Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach is a convenient code cookbook reference advisor that disguise the most recent C++ 14 in addition to a number of the code templates on hand within the most recent typical Template Library (STL).
In this useful reference, you will find numbers, strings, dates, instances, periods, exceptions, streams, flows, guidelines and extra. additionally, you will see a number of code samples, templates for C++ algorithms, parallel processing, multithreading and numerical tactics. those have many functions together with video game improvement, gigantic info analytics, monetary engineering and research, company functions and extra. A wealth of STL templates on functionality items, adapters, allocators, and extensions also are to be had.
This is a "must have", modern reference to your technical library.
“Next time a few child indicates up at my door inquiring for a code assessment, this is often the booklet that i'm going to throw at him.”
–Aaron Hillegass, founding father of monstrous Nerd Ranch, Inc., and writer of Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X
Unlocking the secrets and techniques of Cocoa and Its Object-Oriented Frameworks
Mac and iPhone builders are usually beaten by way of the breadth and class of the Cocoa frameworks. even supposing Cocoa is certainly large, when you comprehend the object-oriented styles it makes use of, you’ll locate it remarkably based, constant, and simple.
Cocoa layout Patterns starts off with the mum of all styles: the Model-View-Controller (MVC) development, that is important to all Mac and iPhone improvement. inspired, and on occasion enforced by means of Apple’s instruments, it’s vital to have a company grab of MVC correct from the beginning.
The book’s center is a catalog of the basic layout styles you’ll stumble upon in Cocoa, including
- Fundamental styles, akin to enumerators, accessors, and two-stage creation
- Patterns that empower, corresponding to singleton, delegates, and the responder chain
- Patterns that cover complexity, together with bundles, classification clusters, proxies and forwarding, and controllers
And that’s now not them all! Cocoa layout Patterns painstakingly isolates 28 layout styles, followed with real-world examples and pattern code you could follow for your purposes at the present time. The booklet wraps up with insurance of middle facts versions, AppKit perspectives, and a bankruptcy on Bindings and Controllers.
Cocoa layout Patterns truly defines the issues each one development solves with a beginning in Objective-C and the Cocoa frameworks and will be utilized by any Mac or iPhone developer.
Ready to construct attractive apps for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch? This cookbook—completely rewritten with all-new material—provides ninety confirmed recommendations for tackling the newest gains in iOS nine and watchOS 2.0. Written solely in Apple’s speedy language, those code-rich recipes assist you to use dynamic consumer interfaces, interactive maps, multitasking performance, Apple’s new UI trying out framework, and lots of different features.
This cookbook is perfect for intermediate and complex iOS builders trying to paintings with the latest types of Apple’s cellular working structures. every one recipe comprises reusable code, to be had on GitHub, for you to positioned to paintings correct away.
- Work with new beneficial properties in fast 2, Xcode 7, and Interface Builder
- Build standalone apps for Apple Watch
- Create bright consumer interfaces with new UIKit features
- Use rapid to hook up with the iOS contacts database
- Block advertisements or obvious content material with Safari content material Blockers
- Make your app content material searchable with highlight APIs
- Add photo in photo playback performance to iPad apps
- Take benefit of MapKit and center position updates
- Use Apple’s new UI checking out framework
- Liven up your UI with gravity and turbulence fields
By John Mongan
Be ready to your subsequent task interview with this tried-and-true advice
In contemporary tight task industry, festival for programming jobs is warmer than ever. This 3rd version of a favored advisor to programming interviews comprises new code examples, info at the most up-to-date languages, new chapters on sorting and layout styles, pointers on utilizing LinkedIn, and a downloadable app to assist organize candidates for the interview. Like its previous variations, this advisor covers what software program businesses and IT departments wish their programmers to understand and comprises lots of worthwhile tricks to spice up your confidence.
- Looks at present task seek and hiring strategies, reminiscent of the increase of LinkedIn and different social networks as recruiting resources
- Addresses an important languages for a programmer to understand and contours examples in a number of languages
- Includes new programming questions designed to sharpen your knowledge
- Features all-new chapters on layout styles and sorting, together with the best way to care for reminiscence constraints and mobility issues
Walk into your subsequent task interview with self assurance, figuring out you might have completely studied this latest version of Programming Interviews Exposed.
A functional project-based advisor to producing compelling seek strategies utilizing the dynamic and robust positive factors of Elasticsearch
About This Book
- Discover the ability of Elasticsearch by way of imposing it in a number of real-world eventualities akin to eating place and e-commerce search
- Discover how the good points you spot in a typical Google seek should be completed utilizing Elasticsearch
- Learn how one can not just generate actual seek effects, but additionally increase the standard of searches for proper results
Who This publication Is For
If you're a info fanatic and want to discover and specialize on seek applied sciences in line with Elasticsearch, this can be the perfect publication for you. A compelling case-to-case mapping of positive factors and implementation of Elasticsearch to unravel many real-world use instances makes this e-book the correct option to begin and specialize on Elasticsearch.
What you are going to Learn
- Build an easy scalable server for potent looking out in Elasticsearch
- Design a scalable e-commerce seek strategy to generate exact seek effects utilizing a variety of filters akin to filters according to date variety and value range
- Improve the relevancy and scoring of your searches
- Manage real-world, complicated facts utilizing a variety of strategies, together with parent-child seek and looking out questions in line with the factors of questions and answers
- Use the superb information crunching and aggregation power of Elasticsearch to research your data
- Generate real-time visualizations of your facts utilizing compelling visualization recommendations, equivalent to time graphs, pie charts, and stacked graphs
- Enhance the standard of your seek and widen the scope of fits utilizing a number of analyzer thoughts, resembling decrease casing, stemming, and synonym matching
Elasticsearch is a dispensed seek server just like Apache Solr with a spotlight on huge datasets, schemaless setup, and excessive availability. using the Apache Lucene library (also utilized in Apache Solr), Elasticsearch permits robust full-text seek, in addition to autocomplete "morelikethis" seek, multilingual performance, and an in depth seek question DSL.
This booklet begins with the production of a Google-like internet seek carrier, permitting you to generate your individual seek effects. you'll then learn the way an e-commerce web site could be outfitted utilizing Elasticsearch. we are going to speak about quite a few ways in getting proper content material up the consequences, similar to relevancy in response to how good a question matched the textual content, time-based contemporary records, geographically closer goods, and different often used approaches.
Finally, the e-book will conceal numerous geocapabilities of Elasticsearch to make your searches just like real-world scenarios.
By Satya Komatineni, Dave MacLean
Pro Android 3 exhibits you the way to construct real-world and enjoyable cellular functions utilizing the recent Android 3.0 SDK. It covers every thing from the basics of establishing apps for embedded units, telephones, and pills to complex thoughts akin to customized 3D elements and multi-tasking.
utilizing the tutorials and professional suggestion, you will quick be ready to construct cool cellular apps and run them on dozens of Android-based smartphones. you are going to discover and use the Android APIs, together with these for media and sensors. and you may try out what is new with Android 3.0, together with the enhanced UI throughout all Android systems, integration with companies, and extra, supplying you with the data to create beautiful, state-of-the-art apps, whereas holding you agile adequate to reply to alterations sooner or later.
What you are going to learn
- How to take advantage of Android to construct Java-based cellular purposes for Google telephones with a slightly monitor or keyboard
- How to layout and enforce impossible to resist person interfaces for touchscreens with perspectives and layouts
- How to populate your program with information from facts assets, utilizing content material prone
- How to create 3D pics with OpenGL and customized elements
- How to construct multimedia and online game apps utilizing Android's Media APIs and OpenGL
- How to exploit Android's location-based prone, network-based prone, and safety
- How to take advantage of new Android 3.0 good points, similar to Fragments and the ActionBar
Who this booklet is for This publication is for pro software program engineers/programmers seeking to circulation their rules and functions into the cellular area with Android. It assumes a satisfactory realizing of Java, together with the way to write sessions and deal with simple inheritance constructions.
desk of Contents
- Introducing the Android Computing Platform
- Setting up your improvement setting
- Understanding assets
- Understanding content material prone
- Understanding Intents
- Building person Interfaces and utilizing Controls
- Adding Menus
- Implementing Dialogs
- Working with personal tastes and Saving country
- Security and Permissions
- Working with companies
- Exploring programs, tactics, and Library initiatives
- Exploring methods, parts, Threads, and Handlers
- Exploring Broadcast Receivers and lengthy working companies
- Exploring the Alarm supervisor
- Unveiling 2nd Animation
- Exploring Maps and placement providers
- Using the Telephony APIs
- Understanding the Media Frameworks
- Programming 3D photos with OpenGL
- Exploring reside Folders
- Home monitor Widgets and reside Wallpaper
- Android seek
- Exploring textual content to Speech and the Google Translate API
- Using Sensors
- Understanding the touch API
- Deploying your software: Android industry and past
- Action Bar
- Selected themes in Android 3.0
By Rasmus Lerdorf
Simple, to the purpose, and compact--in truth, precisely what you've gotten come to anticipate in an O'Reilly Pocket Reference--the moment variation of PHP Pocket Reference is carefully up to date to incorporate the specifics of personal home page 4.
Written by means of the founding father of the Hypertext Preprocessor venture, Rasmus Lerdorf, PHP Pocket Reference is either a convenient advent to Hypertext Preprocessor syntax and constitution, and a brief connection with the significant array of features supplied by means of Hypertext Preprocessor. the fast reference part organizes the entire center services of Hypertext Preprocessor alphabetically so that you can locate what you would like simply; the slender measurement skill you could retain it convenient beside your keyboard for these occasions in case you are looking to search for a functionality speedy with out final what you are doing.
This invaluable little ebook offers an authoritative evaluate of personal home page packed right into a pocket-sized consultant that is effortless to take at any place. it's also the suitable spouse for O'Reilly's accomplished ebook on personal home page, Programming PHP.
The PHP Pocket Reference an fundamental (and low-cost) device for any critical personal home page coder.
By Jesse Liberty
With Programming ASP.NET 3.5, you will speedy learn how to create cutting-edge purposes utilizing Microsoft's well known internet improvement know-how and visible Studio 2008. This up to date bestseller offers accomplished and easy-to-understand info that can assist you use numerous .NET 3.5 applied sciences for swifter improvement and higher internet software performance-including ASP.NET AJAX for interactive person interfaces, LINQ for info entry, and home windows communique beginning (WCF) for net services.
Programming ASP.NET 3.5 contains examples and pattern code that allow you to discover improvement with ASP.NET in additional intensity. With this ebook, you will:
- Learn approximately AJAX and ASP.NET server controls incorporated with visible Studio 2008
- Discover tips on how to use the DataSource and data-bound controls in ADO.NET
- Use the recent LINQ API and methods to utilize it inside of ASP.NET pages
- Create a uniform feel and appear all through your program with grasp Pages
- Use navigation controls to construct web site maps, menus, and breadcrumbs fast and easily
- Build and use a number of internet providers with WCF
- Detect blunders in the course of improvement and deal with them on your creation code
- Learn easy methods to configure and set up your website
Written by way of Microsoft expertise specialists Jesse Liberty, Dan Hurwitz, and Dan Maharry, Programming ASP.NET 3.5 is the easiest e-book for studying the way to construct dynamic, interactive internet purposes utilizing Microsoft's most up-to-date technologies.
By Pieter Hintjens
Dive into ØMQ (aka ZeroMQ), the clever socket library that provides you quickly, effortless, message-based concurrency on your purposes. With this quick-paced consultant, you’ll study hands-on tips to use this scalable, light-weight, and hugely versatile networking device for replacing messages between clusters, the cloud, and different multi-system environments.
ØMQ maintainer Pieter Hintjens takes you on a journey of real-world purposes, utilizing prolonged examples in C that will help you paintings with ØMQ’s API, sockets, and styles. how you can use particular ØMQ programming ideas, construct multithreaded functions, and create your individual messaging architectures. You’ll detect how ØMQ works with a number of programming languages and so much working systems—with very little cost.
- Learn ØMQ’s major styles: request-reply, publish-subscribe, and pipeline
- Work with ØMQ sockets and styles via construction a number of small applications
- Explore complex makes use of of ØMQ’s request-reply development via operating examples
- Build trustworthy request-reply styles that maintain operating while code or fails
- Extend ØMQ’s center pub-sub styles for functionality, reliability, nation distribution, and monitoring
- Learn concepts for construction a disbursed structure with ØMQ
- Discover what’s required to construct a general-purpose framework for allotted applications
By Faruk Akgul
For C builders who desire a accomplished advent to ZeroMQ, this can be the fitting educational. With a simple strategy and functional examples, it covers every thing from primary message styles to operating with a number of sockets.
- Learn primary message/queue layout patterns
- Work with multi-threaded programs
- Work with a number of sockets
ØMQ (also spelled ZeroMQ, 0MQ, or ZMQ) is a high-performance asynchronous messaging library geared toward use in scalable disbursed or concurrent purposes. It presents a message queue, yet not like message-oriented middleware, a ØMQ procedure can run and not using a committed message dealer. The library is designed to have a well-known socket-style API.
"ZeroMQ" teaches you to exploit ZeroMQ via examples in c language. you are going to how to use primary styles of message/queuing with a step by step educational method and the way to use them. Then, you’ll the way to use excessive point APIs and to paintings with a number of sockets and multithreaded courses via many examples.
This publication seems at how message/queue works more often than not and what varieties of difficulties it solves. Then, it explains how ZeroMQ works and the way it differs from different message/queue libraries and the way it may be utilized in various scenarios.
You also will the way to practice crucial message/queue layout styles in numerous situations, and the way they range from one another. It exhibits you functional examples you could follow. additionally, you will the way to paintings with a number of sockets.
You will examine the fundamentals of ZeroMQ in addition to tips to use varied patterns.
What you'll research from this book
- Implement the request–reply pattern
- Implement the pub–sub pattern
- Work with a number of sockets
- Work with multithreaded programs
- Detect reminiscence leaks
- Route schemes
- Learn the variation among TCP sockets and ZeroMQ sockets
A functional, step by step example-rich tutorial.
Who this booklet is written for
If you're a C developer who desires to find out about ZeroMQ, this publication is for you. it truly is assumed that the reader has C adventure at a few point yet past ZeroMQ wisdom isn't really expected.