By Bill Cheeseman
Thoroughly revised version, now masking Snow Leopard!
Springing from the unique Vermont Recipes website, the place a lot of today’s Cocoa builders received their begin, Cocoa Recipes for Mac OS X, moment version is a programming cookbook that indicates you ways to create a whole Mac OS X software. during this up-to-date version, writer invoice Cheeseman employs a realistic, step by step technique for development a software from begin to end utilizing the Cocoa frameworks. He starts off via developing the undertaking utilizing Xcode and designing and development the consumer interface with Interface Builder, after which he fills within the information anticipated of any operating program, corresponding to coping with files and home windows, constructing the most menu, and configuring controls. Later recipes aid you upload very important beneficial properties resembling a personal tastes window, printing, a support booklet, and AppleScript help. The publication concludes with a dialogue of deployment of your accomplished product and steps you could take to discover extra positive aspects. outfitted with the services and real-world options during this booklet, programmers with a few wisdom of C and Objective-C can quick grasp the craft of writing Cocoa courses for Mac OS X.
- Written for C and Objective-C programmers who are looking to faucet the intense energy and adaptability designed into the Cocoa frameworks, in addition to for knowledgeable Cocoa builders trying to expand their skills.
- By following the book’s recipes for making a whole Cocoa program, readers can retrace a similar steps to write down any document-based Cocoa program.
- Includes the newest suggestions for writing Cocoa purposes for Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Project resource records can be found on the internet at www.peachpit.com/cocoarecipes.
Design and construct your individual initiatives that engage with the true international utilizing the Raspberry Pi
About This Book
- Interact with a variety of extra sensors and units through Raspberry Pi
- Create interesting, inexpensive items starting from radios to domestic safeguard and climate systems
- Full of straightforward, easy-to-understand directions to create initiatives that also have professional-quality enclosures
Who This booklet Is For
If you might have already undertaken a few uncomplicated tasks with the Raspberry Pi and want to input the fascinating paintings of interplay, then this e-book is perfect for you.
What you'll Learn
- Install and configure an working approach in your Raspberry Pi
- Design electronics circuits utilizing a number regular components
- Interact with digital circuits and utilizing software program libraries
- Write effective Python purposes to manage and strategy data
- Build professional-quality enclosures utilizing a number of development methods
- Implement most sensible practices so as to strength your initiatives whereas at the go
- Configure Linux to run your purposes at particular times
- Make your functions have interaction with on-line information and communique services
The Raspberry Pi is without doubt one of the most cost-effective and preferred single-board pcs, as such it has develop into a platform for clients to create their very own attention-grabbing and software program initiatives. it truly is able to doing every thing you'll count on a computer desktop to do, from shopping the net and enjoying high-definition video clips, to creating spreadsheets, be aware processing, and taking part in games.
Filled with 10 fascinating initiatives, this booklet starts via supporting you get your Raspberry Pi manage with the preferred Raspbian working method, writing Python scripts, and interacting with a few exterior undefined. As you move in the course of the subsequent set of initiatives, you're brought to extra items of software program and may write scripts that bridge the space among them and numerous sensors and hardware.
By the top of the publication, you can be writing complete Python functions that would either interface with a large choice of and be uncovered to the Internet.
Using the C++ regular Template Libraries is a modern therapy that teaches the commonly used programming services that the C++ 14 normal Library presents. during this booklet, writer Ivor Horton explains what the category and serve as templates to be had with C++ 14 do, and the way to take advantage of them in a realistic context.
You'll how to create packing containers, and the way iterators are used with them to entry, alter, and expand the knowledge parts they include. you are going to additionally find out about circulate iterators which may move facts among packing containers and streams, together with dossier streams. The functionality templates that outline algorithms are defined intimately, and you can the way to move functionality gadgets or lambda expressions to them to customise their habit. Many operating examples are incorporated to illustrate the way to follow the algorithms with varieties of bins.
After studying this ebook, you are going to comprehend the scope and tool of the templates that the C++ 14 usual Library contains and the way those can tremendously decrease the coding and improvement time for lots of functions. you possibly can mix the category and serve as templates to nice influence in facing real-world problems.
The templates within the common Library supply you as a C++ programmer with a complete set of successfully carried out everyday programming instruments that you should use for many forms of application.
- How to exploit normal Library templates together with your C++ applications.
By Stephen G. Kochan
Updated for OS X 10.9 Mavericks, iOS 7, and Xcode 5
Programming in Objective-C is a concise, conscientiously written instructional at the fundamentals of Objective-C and object-oriented programming for Apple's iOS and OS X systems.
The booklet makes no assumptions approximately previous adventure with object-oriented programming languages or with the interval (which Objective-C is predicated upon). due to this, either rookies and skilled programmers alike can use this e-book to speedy and successfully research the basics of Objective-C. Readers may also study the thoughts of object-oriented programming with no need to first study all the intricacies of the underlying interval.
This new angle to studying, mixed with many small application examples and workouts on the finish of every bankruptcy, makes Programming in Objective-C ultimate for both school room use or self-study.
This variation has been absolutely up-to-date to include new Objective-C beneficial properties and applied sciences brought with Xcode five, iOS 7, and Mac OS X Mavericks.
“The most sensible e-book on any programming language that I’ve ever learn. so that it will research Objective-C, purchase it.”—Calvin Wolcott
“An very good source for a brand new programmer who desires to research Objective-C as their first programming language—a woefully underserved market.”—Pat Hughes
By Callum Hopkins
Get a leap commence on Hypertext Preprocessor today!
PHP is a key server-side expertise in net improvement, allowing you to quick and easily improve interactive, usable and interesting web content and applications.
In only one weekend with this SitePoint publication, you will learn the way to:
- Install the entire software program you want to start constructing Hypertext Preprocessor applications
- Understand personal home page services and syntax
- Build a whole, operating personal home page software from scratch: an easy social networking app
Plus you will discover the right way to use glossy recommendations similar to MVC and REST
By V. Anton Spraul
Rewire your brain
Examples during this ebook are written in C++, yet will increase your skill to imagine like a programmer in any language.
The genuine problem of programming isn't really studying a language's syntax—it's studying to creatively clear up difficulties so that you can construct anything nice. during this unique textual content, writer V. Anton Spraul breaks down the ways in which programmers clear up difficulties and teaches you what different introductory books frequently forget about: easy methods to Think Like a Programmer. every one bankruptcy tackles a unmarried programming proposal, like sessions, tips, and recursion, and open-ended workouts all through problem you to use your wisdom. you will additionally find out how to:
- Split difficulties into discrete elements to lead them to more straightforward to solve
- Make the main of code reuse with features, periods, and libraries
- Pick the best facts constitution for a selected job
- Master extra complicated programming instruments like recursion and dynamic memory
- Organize your options and advance recommendations to take on certain types of problems
Although the book's examples are written in C++, the inventive problem-solving techniques they illustrate transcend any specific language; actually, they generally succeed in outdoors the area of computing device technological know-how. because the such a lot skillful programmers understand, writing nice code is an inventive art—and step one in growing your masterpiece is studying to Think Like a Programmer.
By Michael T. Goodrich
Michael Goodrich and Roberto Tamassia, authors of the winning, info buildings and Algorithms in Java, 2/e, have written set of rules Engineering, a textual content designed to supply a complete advent to the layout, implementation and research of laptop algorithms and information constructions from a latest viewpoint. This booklet deals theoretical research ideas in addition to algorithmic layout styles and experimental tools for the engineering of algorithms.
industry: machine Scientists; Programmers.
By Jamie Munro
- Add performance that’s to be had in basic terms on a undeniable gadget or platform
- Retrieve the device’s present GPS place and position a marker on a map
- Create and keep a brand new touch or edit an latest touch within the handle book
- Take images with the digicam or decide upon one of many user’s current photos
- Upload a dossier from the neighborhood equipment to an exterior server
- Allow the equipment to checklist audio or video via your app
- Enable your program to avoid wasting records locally
Gain services in processing and storing facts by utilizing complicated concepts with Apache Spark
About This Book
- Explore the combination of Apache Spark with 3rd social gathering functions akin to H20, Databricks and Titan
- Evaluate how Cassandra and Hbase can be utilized for storage
- An complex advisor with a mixture of directions and functional examples to increase the main up-to date Spark functionalities
Who This publication Is For
If you're a developer with a few event with Spark and wish to reinforce your wisdom of the way to get round on this planet of Spark, then this booklet is perfect for you. simple wisdom of Linux, Hadoop and Spark is thought. moderate wisdom of Scala is expected.
What you are going to Learn
- Extend the instruments to be had for processing and storage
- Examine clustering and type utilizing MLlib
- Discover Spark flow processing through Flume, HDFS
- Create a schema in Spark SQL, and find out how a Spark schema might be populated with data
- Study Spark established graph processing utilizing Spark GraphX
- Combine Spark with H20 and deep studying and research why it's useful
- Evaluate how graph garage works with Apache Spark, Titan, HBase and Cassandra
- Use Apache Spark within the cloud with Databricks and AWS
Apache Spark is an in-memory cluster established parallel processing approach that offers a variety of performance like graph processing, laptop studying, move processing and SQL. It operates at remarkable speeds, is straightforward to take advantage of and provides a wealthy set of knowledge transformations.
This publication goals to take your constrained wisdom of Spark to the following point via instructing you the way to extend Spark performance. The e-book commences with an summary of the Spark eco-system. you are going to how one can use MLlib to create an absolutely operating neural internet for handwriting reputation. you are going to then notice how circulate processing might be tuned for optimum functionality and to make sure parallel processing. The e-book extends to teach the best way to comprise H20 for computer studying, Titan for graph established garage, Databricks for cloud-based Spark. Intermediate Scala dependent code examples are supplied for Apache Spark module processing in a CentOS Linux and Databricks cloud environment.
Style and approach
This publication is an in depth advisor to Apache Spark modules and instruments and indicates how Spark's performance could be prolonged for real-time processing and garage with labored examples.
By Adam Trachtenberg, David Sklar
When it involves growing dynamic websites, the open resource Hypertext Preprocessor language is red-hot estate: used on greater than 20 million websites this day, Hypertext Preprocessor is now extra well known than Microsoft's ASP.NET expertise. With our Cookbook's detailed layout, you could how you can construct dynamic internet functions that paintings on any internet browser. This revised new version makes it effortless to discover particular strategies for programming challenges.
PHP Cookbook has a wealth of suggestions for difficulties that you will face usually. With issues that diversity from newbie inquiries to complex internet programming suggestions, this advisor comprises functional examples -- or "recipes" -- for a person who makes use of this scripting language to generate dynamic websites. up-to-date for Hypertext Preprocessor five, this publication offers strategies that specify tips to use the hot language positive aspects intimately, together with the enormously more advantageous object-oriented features and the hot PDO facts entry extension. New sections on periods and gadgets are incorporated, in addition to new fabric on processing XML, development net companies with Hypertext Preprocessor, and dealing with SOAP/REST architectures. With each one recipe, the authors contain a dialogue that explains the common sense and ideas underlying the solution.